9/11, actions, al islam, Allah, best islamic one liners, best quotes, bodies, daily islamic quotes, deoband, Dhikr, great islamic quotes, hearts, ibn qayyim, ibn qayyim al jawziyyah, ibn qayyims quotes, intellect, Islam, islam best religion, islambestreligion, islamic one liners, Islamic quotes, knowledge, libya, love, miracles of ALLAH, miracles of islam, miracles of quran, Muhammad, Muslim, muslims, osama bin laden, postaday2011, postaweek2011, Prophet Muhammad, Prophet Muhammad PBUH, qayyim ten things, Qur'an, Religion and spirituality, Religion Spirituality, service, sunlight, syria, taliban, ten things, ten things we waste, time, wealth, what is islam, yemen, Zikr
By Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah ……….
1. Knowledge: Wasted when not taking action with it.
2. Actions: Wasted when we do anything without sincerity. Intentions count.
3. Wealth: Wasted when used on things that will not bring us âjr (reward). We waste our money, our status, our authority, on things that have no benefit in this life or in âkhirah (the Hereafter).
4. Hearts: Wasted when empty from the love of Allah, and the longing for Him/Her/it, and devoid of peace and contentment.
5. Bodies: Wasted when we don’t use them in ibâdah (worship) and service of Allah in serving humankind.
6. Love: Wasted when our emotional love is misdirected, not towards Allah, but towards something/someone else.
7. Time: Wasted when not used properly, by not doing what is righteous.
8. Intellect: Wasted on things that are detrimental to society and the individual, not in contemplation or reflection.
9. Service: Wasted when in service of someone who will not bring us closer to Allah.
10. Dhikr: Wasted when it does not affect our hearts